Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Little Reminder

I've been stressed out lately, with seemingly endless lists of things to do and prepare and reorganize now that summer's here and I'm not teaching history, English and math. So when I snagged my wedding ring on my sweater and realized one of the little diamonds was gone, it seemed to fit right in. I do have my ring cleaned and checked every year, but there's something about the prongs that wear down regularly. I had no idea how long the diamond had been missing or where it might have fallen out, so I was quite sure I would never see it again. I found the grace to be thankful that, unlike the time several years ago that I lost my big diamond (and found it), we do have the money to replace the gem.

Because I found the big diamond by sweeping the entire floor, I decided to try that again. I threw a little prayer into the air (as I saw it) - "Lord, it'd sure be nice if I could find that thing." Pete had also prayed that I would find it. As I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen to get a broom, I noticed a sparkle on the carpet. I leaned down and grasped - the diamond! I couldn't believe it - what were the odds?

This was a little reminder from God that He is perfectly capable of working things out. May I trust Him in the little things, the medium-sized things AND the big things.

No comments: