Saturday, May 21, 2011

Amazing Technology

The other day Joel was showing me the Android phone he gets to use for work. Its voice-recognition technology converts the user's speech into a text message. Joel said, "What should I tell it?" and when he repeated, "My mom is amazed by the technology," the phone wrote, "My mom is amazing technology." It's even smarter than I thought!

I had emailed senior pictures of Joel, Daniel, and one of them together to a church youth director for a slide show. The email had been returned "undeliverable" because the pictures were too many megabytes for the server's allowance. I tried again with just Daniel's picture, and then forgot about the whole thing. While we were in town, the youth director had emailed, asking Joel for a senior picture within the hour. We weren't going home, and none of Joel's senior pictures had been posted on Facebook, and there was no one home to send something, so we were stumped - until Joel asked, "Have you sent my picture to anyone?" I wracked my brain and didn't think so, but Joel could access my email and I never delete any Sent Items, so he looked in there - and found the message that had been returned! He forwarded it on to the youth director, problem solved - AMAZING TECHNOLOGY!

No comments: