Saturday, April 9, 2011

30-Hour Famine

I'm lacking energy right now, because we are in the middle of a 30-Hour Famine. Joel, Sarah & Andrew are joining the youth group, fasting from 10 this morning until 4 tomorrow afternoon, to raise awareness and funds for hunger relief. Daniel's going to do it another day because he had his first baseball game today. I'm also fasting in solidarity, primarily because the youth group is leading worship tomorrow morning, hungry, and I thought I should be too. Well, so far I'm not really hungry, but I'm definitely lethargic. And a little cranky.

Andrew was impressed by the video he saw at the church kick-off breakfast this morning. He kept talking about the African children and how thin and hungry they were, and every time he felt hungry he thought of them. Lord, may we also remember how much You gave up for us as we give up food for a short time. And if anyone reading this blog wants to contribute to feeding hungry children, just comment below and I'll make sure you can.

No comments: